Tuesday 6 March 2012

I Owe You This One.

Hey everyone,

Well, I did not get an interview for Calgary. I'm just going to go ahead and assume I won't get one for Saskatoon either. Yes, I cried. However, I cry a lot. Haha, no, I don't really know how to explain how I feel. Rejection sucks no matter how it's packaged. But I'm almost in a good mood right now. There are so many opportunities when I'm not tied to vet school. I think the biggest thing is that I hate sciences and I hate U of A. So thinking about the fact that I will not be going to school in September is kind of nice.


Cons to not going to vet school this year: I will not be a vet by 2016. *Ramifications include potentially delaying how long I have to wait until I have kids, this is stressful. Also, delays when I start my career, aka making any significant amount of money, which also sucks.


Pros to not going to vet school this year: Freedom!I can move with my fiance if he gets into engineering somewhere. I don't have to force myself to be someone I am not (aka what I am doing right now trying to get through this degree). I can relax for a while. I can work and pay for my wedding. I could become a realtor. I could become a zookeeper. I could settle for the year and focus on saving money and thinking about what I want from a career. I don't have to spend every second of my free time volunteering.

As everyone is telling me. I will be OK. I know that, but it is difficult to be motivated right after you are told "NO". How can two more months of a degree be so torturous? It's like life is testing me one last time, "are you SURE you want this?" For a bachelor's degree that everyone says is useless, I'm sure jumping through a lot of hoops.

I wish this post was a little more dramatic for you (M), but I just don't feel it. Sorry folks. I actually feel pretty good.

Albert Einstein
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
Albert Einstein
 
 P.S. I probably won't be writing a lot for a while. If there are any prevetters that would like to ask questions or commiserate about how much they hate UofA - you know where to find me. ; )  

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jammy! Now that I've joined your blog, you better keep on writing! I like the way you're weighing your pros and cons and possiblilities for the future since you didn't get your interview for Calgary... but why assume you won't get one for Saskatoon?
    Ok, I've not had much experience at posting on people's blogs, but I'm trying to learn. Previously I just came here when I had time and had a read.
    Just to know what you're up to!
    OK, so whatever happens, keep me posted and good luck.
    Big Hug!
    Guess Who... He He

    ReplyDelete